Monday, August 25, 2008

flatline


I've tried to keep the blog afloat for awhile now. However at this time, due to some health and related issues, Gang Intelligence Threat Management, will most likely "flatline" if you will.

Hopefully will be able to get back online in the near future. In the meantime, if you stumble across this blog or are a regular reader (if I have any :) ) feel free to look around.

In the years I have worked to help save kids, I have learned that in doing so, it is often the other way around. They have saved me. When a kid tells you, "I wish you had been my dad." That makes all the feelings of futility go away.

These kids are worth it.

In the event that I am no longer able to return to working here or am simply no longer able to return at all from this particularly darker path, I wish to leave you with some thanks and thoughts.


There are lots of old articles that may be of use to you if you are working on papers for gangs or other violence related issues (if you are a high school or college student.)

If you are law enforcement, the same applies. Just use the search feature on the blog.

I am always honored to have some of my work cited in reports etc and much appreciation to all of those who have asked me for feedback on some of these issues.

To our military, I cannot express what you all do means to people like me and others who get to sit back in the comfort of our living rooms and play armchair warriors. You are the bravest people on the planet. No matter what anyone tells you...what you are doing is saving lives in the long run. I won't tell you how I know this, but I do know it is a fact, regardless of what some twit on some political spectrum may say. I am not worthy to lace your combat boot straps.

To any young person, gang member, etc...know this...there are people out there that do care. It doesn't seem like there are too many, and frankly that is the truth. Until society can let go of its self centered attitude many of you will be left to fend for yourselves. But know this too, the leaders of gangs, the adults, do not have your best interests at heart. Most if not all of them, don't care either...they just take the time to fake it so you'll make them money and fame. Find a way out.

Finally thanks to all of you who are out there fighting for kids and victims' rights. Without you, the world will simply crumble and our future would...

flatline.


"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke